Thursday, April 05, 2007

Blogger with an Axe. Oh dear!

Can anyone help this man? It can be a very distressing problem and one that is not easily solved. I know how he feels but wielding an axe can't be the answer.

Years ago, I lived in a little terrace on the main street. There was no parking in the road so people would park on the pavement and prevent me from getting myself, my son and the pram out of the front door. I couldn’t easily get in or out round the back of this house, so it was a real problem, - especially as the alleyway was usually blocked by parked cars. One day a big red shiny sports car drew up on the pavement. I looked through the window and watched the driver get out and empty his ashtray, in a neat little pile, on my doorstep. He walked over to the estate agents. I went out with a brush and pan, tipped the ash back into his car through the open sun roof, skipped back into the house and sat there for hours with my doors locked and my curtains closed.

He never darkened my doorstep again, but it didn’t stop other people from parking right up to my front door. Why are people so inconsiderate?

20 comments:

Andre Veloux said...

Poor guy. It happens the world over.

b o o said...

heavy and dangerous but it gets the message across.

Anonymous said...

Excellent bit of revenge.

Wavy Davy said...

Thank you for your kind appreciation of my problems. You will be pleased to know that my girlfriend is taking anger management classes and I hope that some of it will rub off on me.

I am touched by the messages of support. Or maybe I'm just touched!

Wavy.

kat said...

trt - I don't usually go in for revenge. I was angry - and when I saw that the sun roof was open it sort of just happened. Shameful really.

wavy davy - Try talking to the neighbours again. You could always tell them the story about the axe. :-)

jac said...

kat
The link opens for me but it shows nothing significant, expcept something that look like bunch of rocks or something in the bottom right hand corner. Is it my firewall or ... ??

kat said...

Jac - I don't understand that. It should go to wavy davy's blog post at
http://smimbies.blogspot.com/2007/04
/neighbours.html

jac said...

I read it from the URL you provided in the comment. LOL

Still wonder what is wrong with your link.

jac said...

Came back to wish you a Happy Easter.

jac said...

Came back again.

Just before going out I tried the link in your post and it worked. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, well done you! I'm very impressed 10/10!!!

I've just read and commented on Davy's car / neighbour probs.

As I've mentioned before once or twice... I need to borrow Davy's axe :]

Anonymous said...

I didn't make a mistake... did I?

Anonymous said...

Just checking again :0)

kat said...

Dogga - OK, OK, I'm sorry a made a few mistakes on your blog. :-)

It took three attempts to make a simple comment, but I'm telling you folks - it was the wine. :-)))

kat said...

Jac - Happy Easter to you too.

pal said...

Good for you. I'd love to have seen his face when he saw the sprinkled ash. The smell must have been disgusting!

Perhaps it is something more than inconsiderate. Cars can make people have complete personality changes and lead to road rage etc.

Maybe its more a territory thing. Their car is their personal space and he was doing the equivalent of putting the rubbish out forgetting he was mobile.

Hmmm no maybe you are right and it is plain inconsiderate afterall!!

Echomouse said...

You and the axe guy are way smart!

If I have another bad summer with our neighbours on one side ... I may be walking with an axe. Certainly going after them with my camera last year did the trick. So far, things are okay since then.

francessa said...

I admire your appropriate response. Unfortunately, I'm never that ready witted ...

Buggles Balham High Road said...

Excellent Kat. I've just discovered that The Dear Old Ladies and Gentleman who live in the retirement flats next to my cottage have been tipping their rubbish in my garden behind my garden shed.

Only found out because I'm having a new shed and the dumping is horrendous. Old people today eh?

Andre Veloux said...

Have you retired from blogging Kat?