Sunday, January 21, 2007

Slow Down

This blog is likely to run at a very slow pace between now and the end of June. I recently started a level 4 course, in Lancaster,  which involves a lot of work and a lot of travelling.

The course is normally run over a full year but we have only got 20 weeks in which to complete it. The pace hits you when you are presented with the first assignment on the first day.

I had to laugh at myself, last week.  In the previous week I had been very industrious and applied for some free resources off the Internet. The delivery man arrived with a giant box and two big parcels. As well as a load of research papers, I received 5 big files stuffed full of stuff and 7 CD roms. I wouldn't manage to get through this lot even if I took the rest of my life off.

The last time I received a box this big it contained a combined fridge freezer. I exaggerate a little - but not much.

I am not going to tell you what the course is about for fear of arousing your generosity. Four people have already given me their books ( including two encyclopaedias) and I don't want any more. :-)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

a course in refrigerator-making *fascinating*

all the best {{kat}}

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'm intrigued now... Good luck with the course!
Will you not tell us if we promise not to give you anything? :0)

Anonymous said...

LOL @ Boo and DoGGa!

Good luck on your new adventure!

Anonymous said...

hope the course goes well

kat said...

Thanks folks and hello mo

Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting. Good luck!

Phil said...

There is a worldwide slowdown of blogging due in part to intense sunspot activity.
It's BS I just made up but it sounds good, doesn't it? I think many people are getting a little lax with blogging though, I know I have.

Good luck with everything

kat said...

Phil - I think there is probably a general lack of enthusiam for anything at this time of year. Also people haven't got the same amount of stuff to blog about. I am very busy but even so I don't think I would be getting out and about as much at this time of year. I can't wait for spring.