This is the same cloth but with different lighting. All other factors such as focal length, position of the cloth and camera etc., remained the same.
The first part of this image shows the cloth photographed with front lighting. The second part shows the use of bright raking light - bright, high contrast, side light.
An extreme example but it proves the point.
7 comments:
Anonymous
said...
It is amazing what different light can do isn't it!
thegirlinthecafe and snowqueen - I got to get some kind of appreciation as to the angle of the light. I can take a good guess at an angle when it is shown on paper but when it disappears into space and becomes 3D, it is difficult. This was easy - 90 degrees.
7 comments:
It is amazing what different light can do isn't it!
amazing!
thegirlinthecafe and snowqueen - I got to get some kind of appreciation as to the angle of the light. I can take a good guess at an angle when it is shown on paper but when it disappears into space and becomes 3D, it is difficult. This was easy - 90 degrees.
I am impressed Kat.
I really have to make more of an effort with my personal photo studies. These are wonderful captures Kat.
That book in your previous post looks like a must have as well. I'll look it up here.
Wow, kat, that's amazing! The wonders of using light and illumination! Makes all the difference!
Echomouse and francessa - I think I'll have a texture week - I'll go out and see if I can get some good textures in nature - tree bark etc.
Post a Comment