My portfolio of photographs was let down slightly by the printing. This was something I was well aware of and had mentioned in the assignment. My printer isn't up to professional standards and I really need to look around for a good printing service.
The course is part of a 60 point certificate. Some time ago, I sent off a £25 registration fee. This was just before they managed to post out the 'higher and equivalent qualification – sorry, we can't afford you – the government have taken our money off us' letters. The uni have been kind enough to honor their side of the registration agreement. Best 25 quid I've ever sent off in a hurry. I do have to pay for and enrol on the individual courses but they are not very expensive.
So far I have enrolled to the following courses:
February 09 – Digital Imaging Part 1 and Part 2 ( 5 points each)
May 09 – Nature and Close-up Photography - 10 points
June 09 – Exploring Landscape Photography – 10 points
I will have another 20 points to find and I am hoping that 10 of these will come from the half promised documentary course. Another 10 will come from the mandatory end course. I am not over excited about the Digital Imaging courses (I've been playing with image editors for years), but if I want the certificate I can't be too picky about the courses I choose to take.
The university is still putting on Photography courses, but only until the last registered student (probably me) has completed their certificate. Other people can enrol to the current courses but they can't work towards a certificate.
It is very annoying that our government is no longer prepared to support adult learning adequately. Many courses and opportunities have or are being lost.
I have previously taken a photography course with the Open University and there was some overlap with this and the course I have just completed, but the OU's course was only 10 points and it wasn't part of a larger course or a certificate and it didn't include group field trips. There was mention of the OU putting on a level 2 course but I don't know whether this is going to happen.
1 comment:
Envy !
Post a Comment