Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Big Weekend - Sunday 11th May

The FA Vase Final - Wembley 11th May - Kick-off: 3pm

Kirkham and Wesham v Lowestoft Town

Wembley


I am not a football fan - I've never been to a football stadium in my life. Tomorrow, that will change. Our lads have done so well - they deserve our support. I've got my banner, my flag and my baseball cap and I'm off to Wembley. The team left yesterday - on the England coach. Tomorrow, the trains, the cars, the limos and 21 coaches will leave town.

ourKit


Kirkham and Wesham are two small side by side towns in Lancashire. This is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to them. :-) Wembley stadium seats 90, 000 people - We have a population of about 10,000. I guess we will look silly - but what the hell - we will support our team. Win or lose - it doesn't matter. They did so well to get this far.

The Football Association Challenge Vase is an annual competition for teams playing in the lower regional leagues but many of these towns and teams are much bigger than us. This cup final and getting to Wembley is a dream come true for the lads.

BBC video

"We're proud of our team."


NewShop

2 comments:

pal said...

Good luck for tomorrow. Have a great day, you've already done so well to get there. :-)

Andre Veloux said...

Crazy! I remember going to Wembley to watch Southport in the FA Trophy Final quite a few years ago. It was great, except we lost!

Congrats to K&W!