My first attempt at portrait photography, using some big lights, an umbrella, a softbox and a reflector. I don't know who the guy is and I don't know what the hell I am doing.
I had some help here. :-) My camera club provided the equipment and one of the members took a reading with a light meter before explaining it all to me. I was then able to put the camera in manual mode and set the shutter speed and aperture.
The portrait hasn't come out exactly as I wanted but it isn't bad for a first go.
8 comments:
He looks like an Old Master Kat.
You do know what your doing.
Love it Kat, love it!
That's a fantastic portrait Kat! I'd say you know what you're doing. I'm very impressed. :)
kat - just brilliant! Shows real skill and vision.
I had some help here. :-) My camera club provided the equipment and one of the members took a reading with a light meter before explaining it all to me. I was then able to put the camera in manual mode and set the shutter speed and aperture.
The portrait hasn't come out exactly as I wanted but it isn't bad for a first go.
I went along to the camera club a few weeks ago and I don't think I will ever look back. What a fantastic supportive club!
Sounds like an excellent camera club. I looked into the one here in town but it's not nearly good enough. Hope to get on this photo stuff this year.
You're doing great, even for having help!
Fabulous portrait. Great lighting and what a character for the sitter.
Post a Comment