Friday, September 05, 2008

Oh yes they will!

I have just been on the phone to my son's school because I didn't get an academic report for last year. I am told that they don't do them now but I shouldn't worry because his teacher is pleased with him. He got 100% for chemistry but he has some quite serious dips in other subjects - which he needs to work on at home. That is as much as I got. Nothing else. I don't know what he needs to work on and my son is confused.

It seems to me that they are so busy testing, testing, testing and getting the results off to some government department that they haven't got time to bother with learning and reporting, let alone talking to parents.

I am not happy but I will get a report.

My son did too many tests last year. He is distressed with it all and I am fed up with the backlash at home.

I have asked my son about the chemicals, mixtures and liquids in my garage but the little bugger won't tell me what they are or what he is doing with them!

7 comments:

Echomouse said...

LOLOL

I'm laughing at that last part.

Is this true? They won't give you a report card???

(seriously having a very bad brain day over here.)

kat said...

It's true. No academic report on the exam results. My son boards (part-time) and they did do an overall report for his review which took place in early June (before the main exams) but only let us have sight of it for a short time during the meeting and then took it off us - promising to let me have a copy by post. I wasn't give time to read it and I want a copy. I also want an academic report. I'm not happy. His dad isn't happy either. How can I help Luke or help him to help himself if we don't know where we are right now.

Re the LOLOL - Luke has always had his own private study methods and subject interests. :-)

Echomouse said...

Good heavens Kat, I am shocked about this report card situation! I've never heard of such a thing.

As long as he doesn't blow up the garage, it's okay eh? :)

Dotm said...

Kat, That is awful. Here we not only get report cards, but can also have an appointment to speak with any teacher to check on how our child is doing and they will show us where they might need extra help in any subject.
You are so right, to help your son you must first know what he needs the help with.
Good Luck.

kat said...

Dotm - I am told that a report is on its way. We did have a review meeting a few months back with the head and some support staff but I didn't get to see his teachers!

Dotm said...

Hi Kat,
Hope things are working out better.

I am back to tell you that you and your blog have been listed to receive the brilliant Webblog Award. You can read all the information about the award on my blog.

Good luck seeing the teachers in the near future.

kat said...

dotm - Thanks for the award - I will pass it on. :-)