Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas

...if you like Christmas, that is. I find it all too stressful. I'm not a religious person; therefore, I have nothing to celebrate. I could look upon it as a holiday but it doesn't feel like one - so much to do for the new year.

I missed all the Christmas parties due to being sick. People are saying that it is a shame that I have lost all the deposits, but, in truth, I have saved money. If I had gone to all the parties it would have cost me at least 3 times as much again.

All this present buying drives me nuts but I get dragged into Christmas and have to do it. I'm not a misery, honest! I buy for people during the year - when they deserve it and when I don't expect anything in return. I haven't got all the presents yet and it is Christmas Eve already - sigh. I have got some of them and I've bought the camera a few stocking fillers: a hot shoe spirit level (cos I lost the first one), a 4g card and a remote control. I think I might treat myself to something now.

I had to get a new screen for the computer, this afternoon - I made the mistake of cleaning the old one and it died. Got one of those wide screen things but the graphics card can't cope with the resolution so it looks like I'll be out looking for a new card in the morning. I can use the screen but everything is stretched out and all the on-screen people have fat faces.

Christmas is a great time for children but I am haunted by my son's remarks and it puts me right off Christmas. At seven years old he decided that Santa was a fairy tale and told me off for lying to him. He said that he would never be able to trust me ever again. He is 14 now and still brings this up.

Have a great Christmas! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you all the way! :]

Happy holidays...

Anonymous said...

It'll be interesting to see what your son tells his own children about Santa.

Merry Christmas Kat.

Echomouse said...

I must have missed something because I don't understand about lost deposits etc.

Anyway, completely relate to being fried about all that Christmas entails. Quieter holidays make more sense to me.

Merry Christmas :) I hope you're feeling better soon and that it isn't anything serious. Now I'm worried about you.

Anonymous said...

Christmas is very over-rated. Hope you are feeling better.

kat said...

I've only just crawled out of my bed - I've got the flu or something. Sneeze, cough, wipe the sweat from my brow.
There is always someone ill in my family at Christmas - This year it is me. I've not been well since the beginning of December - It has got to clear off soon, surely.